In-person meetups and social outings are suspended indefinitely due to necessary efforts to address our current public health risks. Guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and state/local authorities will be continually reviewed and discussed so that we can resume normal meetups as soon as it is safe to do so.
#misec is a group composed of both aspiring and seasoned information security professionals and related information technology, application development, and other relevant professionals. In #misec, we sometimes find ourselves at a crossroads of carrying out a hacker ethos of “Let’s just do it” and a risk management credence of “if mitigating a risk is less expensive than the total cost of the asset, then you should mitigate the risk.”
In this case, the public health risk of meeting in person is too great to justify continued meetings under the present circumstances. And while we take issues like public health and safety seriously as a community, we also want to continue to have the conversations, interactions, and opportunities we enjoy through the relationships and community we have built together here in #misec. So while our Social events are cancelled completely for the time being, we do want to stay connected socially with our community.
Since we live-stream most of our talks already, we will continue to do so during this time. Our respective chapter directors and coordinators will work with previously arranged speakers or future speakers to stream their content at our normally scheduled meetup times. #misec is also considering hosting some additional virtual events to pass the time and have some fun while we navigate the waters we find ourselves in presently.
- For up-to-date information please monitor the hashtag #misec on Twitter or LinkedIn, or follow our Twitter account at: https://twitter.com/misec
- If you are not on our Slack, please invite yourself here: http://misec.herokuapp.com/
- As always, all of our live streams and previously recorded videos can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/user/MiSecGroup/
- If you’d like to game with us in the meantime, join us Tuesday nights on Discord (check slack/twitter for current invite).
Thank you for your understanding and support. Please continue to take care of yourself, your loved ones, and others around you. Our strength comes from you, and we need you to help us make #misec all it can be!
- RT @_lukeanator_: Join us for the #Misec Jackson social this month at Chase in downtown Jackson May 31st at 6PM! We are not requiring masks…42 days ago
- RT @_lukeanator_: #Misec Jackson socials are starting again! Join us at Chase in downtown Jackson April 26th at 6PM for food and conversati…70 days ago
- We are live in #misec Southfield!! https://t.co/KaPgQnHZSq82 days ago
- RT @InfoSecAli: Join #misec Southfield on April 14th at 7PM for a talk from @8_behr titled "Tales from the [De]crypt Keeper: Lessons Learne…92 days ago
- RT @InfoSecAli: We are at LFG in Royal Oak for the #misec #Southfield meetup! Join us!278 days ago