One of the core values of #misec is recognizing the achievements of the community. One such achievement is the release of Amanda Berlin’s (@infosystir) new book, Defensive Security Handbook. Co-authored by Lee Brotherston (@synackpse) and published by O’Reilly Media, the Defensive Security Handbook has become a premier authority on how to secure your modern infrastructure.
Defensive Security Handbook can be purchased from Amazon here. If you happen to have your copy with you and Amanda is around, be sure to ask her to sign it!
Amanda Berlin is an Information Security Architect for a consulting firm in Northern Ohio. She has spent over a decade in different areas of technology and sectors providing infrastructure support, triage, and design. Amanda has been involved in implementing a secure Payment Card Industries (PCI) process and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliance as well as building a comprehensive phishing and awards-based user education program. She is the author for a Blue Team best practices book called “Defensive Security Handbook: Best Practices for Securing Infrastructure” through O’Reilly Media. She is a co-host on the Breaking Down Security podcast and writes for several blogs.
Lee Brotherston is a Senior Security Advisor with Leviathan Security, providing Information Security consulting services to a range of clients. Having spent more than a decade in Information Security, Lee has worked as an Internal Security resource across many verticals including Finance, Telecommunications, Hospitality, Entertainment, and Government in roles ranging from Engineer to IT Security Manager.
- RT @_lukeanator_: #Misec Jackson socials are starting again! Join us at Chase in downtown Jackson April 26th at 6PM for food and conversati…23 days ago
- We are live in #misec Southfield!! https://t.co/KaPgQnHZSq35 days ago
- RT @InfoSecAli: Join #misec Southfield on April 14th at 7PM for a talk from @8_behr titled "Tales from the [De]crypt Keeper: Lessons Learne…45 days ago
- RT @InfoSecAli: We are at LFG in Royal Oak for the #misec #Southfield meetup! Join us!231 days ago
- RT @sherrod_im: We are hiring a PM for emerging threats products. This is an incredible role. The opportunity to design the next evolution…233 days ago