One of the core values of #misec is recognizing the achievements of the community. One such achievement is the release of Amanda Berlin’s (@infosystir) new book, Defensive Security Handbook. Co-authored by Lee Brotherston (@synackpse) and published by O’Reilly Media, the Defensive Security Handbook has become a premier authority on how to secure your modern infrastructure.
Defensive Security Handbook can be purchased from Amazon here. If you happen to have your copy with you and Amanda is around, be sure to ask her to sign it!
Amanda Berlin is an Information Security Architect for a consulting firm in Northern Ohio. She has spent over a decade in different areas of technology and sectors providing infrastructure support, triage, and design. Amanda has been involved in implementing a secure Payment Card Industries (PCI) process and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliance as well as building a comprehensive phishing and awards-based user education program. She is the author for a Blue Team best practices book called “Defensive Security Handbook: Best Practices for Securing Infrastructure” through O’Reilly Media. She is a co-host on the Breaking Down Security podcast and writes for several blogs.
Lee Brotherston is a Senior Security Advisor with Leviathan Security, providing Information Security consulting services to a range of clients. Having spent more than a decade in Information Security, Lee has worked as an Internal Security resource across many verticals including Finance, Telecommunications, Hospitality, Entertainment, and Government in roles ranging from Engineer to IT Security Manager.
- RT @MoonyThinker: Hey #misec #michigan #infosec #BePrepared friends! This event starts in 15 minutes! See it live streamed here! https:/…yesterday
- RT @bmart517: Please join #misec #lansing tonight for a preso on "When Hackers Die" by @zensomancer. Have you asked yourself: "What will ha…2 days ago
- RT @gondrith: Going live with some MiSec Jackson. Tonight we are joined by @NoBeardEcho6 with a talk on threats in Social Media! Informatio…8 days ago
- RT @OWASPOaklandCt: Quarterly meeting tonight 7pm EDT https://t.co/7opeG4dvI214 days ago
- Heads up: https://t.co/ojCQP1EQ6g24 days ago