One of the core values of #misec is recognizing the achievements of the community. One such achievement is the release of Amanda Berlin’s (@infosystir) new book, Defensive Security Handbook. Co-authored by Lee Brotherston (@synackpse) and published by O’Reilly Media, the Defensive Security Handbook has become a premier authority on how to secure your modern infrastructure.
Defensive Security Handbook can be purchased from Amazon here. If you happen to have your copy with you and Amanda is around, be sure to ask her to sign it!
Amanda Berlin is an Information Security Architect for a consulting firm in Northern Ohio. She has spent over a decade in different areas of technology and sectors providing infrastructure support, triage, and design. Amanda has been involved in implementing a secure Payment Card Industries (PCI) process and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliance as well as building a comprehensive phishing and awards-based user education program. She is the author for a Blue Team best practices book called “Defensive Security Handbook: Best Practices for Securing Infrastructure” through O’Reilly Media. She is a co-host on the Breaking Down Security podcast and writes for several blogs.
Lee Brotherston is a Senior Security Advisor with Leviathan Security, providing Information Security consulting services to a range of clients. Having spent more than a decade in Information Security, Lee has worked as an Internal Security resource across many verticals including Finance, Telecommunications, Hospitality, Entertainment, and Government in roles ranging from Engineer to IT Security Manager.
- RT @MoonyThinker: #Infosec community! Join #misec #lansing tonight at 7pm/1900 (EST) for a presentation on embedded code in images executin…13 days ago
- RT @MoonyThinker: Just a reminder that next week - #misec #lansing will be hosting our friend @helmutye0 for his amazing presentation on em…19 days ago
- RT @gondrith: We are in need of a speaker for our next MiSec Jackson virtual meetup. Got something you want to talk about, anything cool an…26 days ago
- RT @insidethreatpod: Gas Shortages, Panic and Regulation? Episode 18 is now posted. We are discussing energy sector attacks with @jim_beech…36 days ago
- RT @insidethreatpod: Episode 17 has been posted but we haven't announced it! Check out our conversation with @Nullspace about identity and…38 days ago